How to post videos on the Forum
First you need to get a link to the video:
- On YouTube, click Share under the video:
- You will see a field with a link. Highlight a link by clicking on it, and copy by pressing Ctrl+ C.
- Now you can insert a link to the video in your post by pressing Ctrl+ V:
When publishing a link to a video, note that:
- Short links like <https://youtu.be/video_id> will be automatically embedded as a YouTube player.
- To display a short link to the video as a link, not a player, use the “Link” button on the formatting panel (above the text entry field) or insert a short link into the message, and then click on the inscription “Your link was automatically built-in. Display as a link.
- Full format links like <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=video_id> will always be displayed as a link, not as a player.