This article will help you get Tanki X installed and running smoothly.
Download the game
In order to play the game you will need to download the client here and install it on your computer.
You can also choose to download and install it via Steam. Once you have the client, go to the game page to download Tanki X.
The game originally takes up around 800 Mb of space and will increase to over 1 GB as updates are released and downloaded.
Installing the game
In order to install the Tanki X, 2GB of free disk space is required. Launch the TankiXSetup.exe file and install the game into any folder of your choice.
In the rare case that you encounter issues while launching the game, please report it on the official support site. Once the game has installed, you can launch it by clicking on the desktop icon.
Steam will automatically download and install all required files. Once it has finished downloading and installing Tanki X, you can click the Play button to launch the game
After launching the game, you will need to register an account. Here is how you can do it:
- Enter the desired nickname into the required field. You will be notified if the nickname has already been taken or is currently unavailable for use.
- You will then need to enter an active email address. This serves as an additional line of security for your account.
- Finally, enter a complex password which you can remember. It is recommended to have at least 12 characters and to mix up capital letters, lower case letters and symbols for additional security.
- Once you have created your account you will need to confirm your e-mail address. This will help you secure your account from hackers and will allow you to change or restore the password of your account.
After you've registered your account, the first thing you are going to see is the home screen. The screen is split into 3 main areas:
- The top panel
- The side menu
- The middle area.
In the middle area, you will able to see your tank with the standard equipment: Hunter hull with Smoky turret.
In the top panel on the left side, you will see your rank icon and your nickname. You can open your profile by clicking on your rank/nickname.
Your profile contains basic information and options such as:
On the bottom right side, you will see the Friends button, which will lead you to your friends list. And on the top right side, you will see your crystal count, ability to purchase crystals, settings menu and exit option.
In the Center, you will see three main buttons: Play, Garage and Shop. You can return to the home screen by pressing on the Back button. or pressing the same the button of the menu you are in, ie. If you are in Garage, clicking on the garage button again will take you back to the home-screen.
Sound adjustment, image/graphics adjustments and many more options can be found in the settings menu. In order to access it, you need to click on the "Wheel" icon in the top panel.
Within the settings menu you will find four buttons: Game, Graphics, Sound and Language
To learn more, check out the Settings page
The basic tank controls are:
- W or ↑ - Accelerate/Move forward
- S or ↓ - Break/Reverse
- A or ← - Turn left
- D or → - Turn right
- Space - Shoot
- < or Z - Turn turret left
- > or X - Turn turret right
- / or C - Centre turret
For a more in-depth analysis of the controls, go to the tank controls page.